Monday, May 13, 2019

Introducing the B&O twins

Here are the latest additions to the roster: a pair of Atlas 4-4-0 Baltimore & Ohio No. 25's. Until I can reletter them, I'll refer to them as The Twins. The decoder addresses are Nos. 5 & 25, but you can't tell from just eyeballing it.

Doubling the size of my roster for a great price?
Yes, please!
Over at the Streamlined Backshop, they're running an inventory clearance sale on a bunch of stuff. So if you're looking to add to your stock, go check them out. I picked up these beauties for a fantastic price, and Steve was able to get the decoders installed super fast. Maybe someday I'll be adventurous and do these installations myself, but right now I'm in no position to ruin engines.

I'll have to figure out some ways other than just relettering or giving them nameplates on the boilers. I'm not going to disassemble, strip and paint either of them. My initial thoughts are using different color cowcatchers, smokestacks, and giving one of the cab roofs a coat of black. We'll see.

The best part is seeing them run together for the first time. One (I forget which at the moment) has a hitch going in reverse, but other than that, they're great.

No comments:

Post a Comment