Monday, August 12, 2019

Civil War Trains: A Scene

Settling back into the routine today after spending a week down the shore. It was our first true vacation as a family. We had a great time.

Before I left, I spent a few minutes setting up a static scene on the layout, using the figures I had completed, as well as three of the four locomotives and a good number of the cars. The lighting wasn't great, and there needs to be far more figures (and more wood loads to cover the decoders) to give a decent amount of realism. But overall I thought this turned out to be a good overview of what I've accumulated since last summer. 




And just for fun, I threw the first image above into photoshop. It's not the greatest, but it changes the perception a little. I'll have to play around with the settings more to get that true wet-plate look.


No comments:

Post a Comment