Friday, October 9, 2020

Not quite a tintype, but pretty close

U.S. Supply Depot, 1863

 I'm sure there are ways to get a modern digital photo to look like a tintype. Some day I'll get around to figuring it out. I took some photos the other day of just generic scenes. Two shots stood out when I added a basic iPhone filter to them. It came very close to the look of a Civil War era tintype. Seeing how they look, I'm going to experiment more with this. Modern digital color photos are great for sharing my layout with the model railroad world, but the Civil War historian in me is in love with recreating the tintype look.

Another view, with a short train stopped for water.

It's been tough to carve out time for the layout. I recently received some civilian figures from Thoroughbred Models that look close enough in size to match the GHQ figures. I'll make a post on those separately, including some other scenery and figures updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment